
Blog part one: I have found the solution to my rental car. (you know - the car Laine calls our "toy" car.) The first step is: Pretend the car is a really cool mini cooper with a racing stripe. Step 2: pretend you are being chased because you just made a really big heist from a guy who had double crossed you and now you are getting really fast. Put another way - drive really fast. Step 3: hope and pray that the tires can hold out because as my friend had previously suggested - they are smaller than my bike tires. A LOT smaller.

Blog part two: Okay, I don't want to make light and I don't want to disrespect by putting this here in the middle....but my southern belle, Georgia peach, funny (and by funny I mean kind of racist) old Grandma passed away this week. It was 10 months and 1 day since

Papa passed away and had the
red neck funeral of all time. Grandma was not quite as red neck as papa so we scaled back a little. My uncle made a great casket like he did for papa but this time he left the plumbing pipes off and even polished it. He also gave a great talk at the funeral even though he swore a few times and made the Bishop squirm. Grandma was buried in Fremont next to Papa but on the drive down to Fremont she always wanted to stop at Wendy's in Nephi for a burger and a Dr. Pepper. Uncle Alan

didn't want to disappoint her (since he was the favorite and all) so he stopped and got her the usual as they drove through town. My family is so weird.
You can see that the flowers kept blowing over because it was so windy. That takes me to part three

...
Blog part three: KITES. I love flying kites and I'm very glad to see my kids catching the bug. Rom and Laine BEGGED to get out and fly this weekend and the conditions were perfect! I think Rom and I both kept hoping the kite would lift him off the ground and he would fly away for a little bit but it never worked. Maybe that is just what I always hope will happen to me. I was worried that Romney would let go of the kite and I decided to accept early on that it would be okay if that happened. As it worked out - Kingfish was the only one that let go of his kite so I had to chase it down. Luckily a large cottonwood tree stopped it and even more luckily I was able to fly it out of the tree.
Do you know what little kid excited to go camping looks like? It looks like this.

Should be a fun weekend....as long as we don't freeze to death. He really wanted to be sure he had enough footie jammies. My favorite part of this picture is the stocking hat pulled over the top of his sun hat.
3 comments:
Never a dull moment in the Jackson house. I think the stories from your Papa's funeral are some of my all time favorites.
i agree with jenny, love the stories of the last funeral! glad you stopped to get her wendy's on the way down.
and love rom in that last picture!
Brilliant. I am hoping my progeny will leave a diet coke and a doughnut next to my headstone.
Post a Comment